The quality of masonry stone in Iran
The quality of masonry Iran stone and the application of each of them and the geographical area are technical and specialized items that are subject to many parameters.
Building stones should be used according to their gender, structure and application. The stone is also graded by stone color, processing quality and stone quality.
Since there is no specific standard that defines the quality and grading of masonry stones, care must be taken when purchasing.
Basically, buying a stone depends on the value of the project and the different parts of the building in addition to the quality and grade of the stone.
The parameters to consider when buying a stone are:
- Minerals: The rocks are similar in many cases, but they have different quality and application. Therefore, when buying, it is important to determine which mine is the purchased Iran stone.
- Stone Texture: The stone texture must be healthy and free from cracks or decay.
- Stone appearance: The stone should have a precise and uniform appearance, especially the stone should have at least a color match.
- Dimensions of Iran stone: Dimensions of stone are precise and grooves and have appropriate thickness.
- Sink density: Iran Stone density must be adequate to withstand proper pressure.
- Water absorption: The rock should have a good water absorption rate.
- Stone Quality: The type of sub and polish quality and gloss of the stone should be appropriate.
- Surface defects: The absence of surface defects such as lip bumps, scratches, swelling and porosity in the rock is very important.
- Stone Processing: The type and method of stone processing in terms of materials used in the stone manufacturing process including resin, UV, mesh is very important and should be appropriate.
- Stone packing: The type of packing and shipping should be appropriate.
Tips to be careful when installing stone:
- When installing, you should first wet the stone and then install it.
2- Dry cement should not be used for quick drying when slurry installation.
- Dry mortar should not be used when installing floor stone.
4- In the air below zero the stone should not be installed.
- Be restrained by rock scopes when installing a rock to prevent the stone from falling.
6- In order to prevent the stone from turning yellow or green after installation, the metal parts behind the work should be covered with stainless steel when installing the stone.
- Do not use polyester material to prevent glossy or darkening of the stone or to prevent dandruff.
- The stones should be stacked in such a way that the pieces are securely locked together and that the straps between the stones should not overlap.
Usage of stones in different parts of the building:
Travertine Iran stone: Travertine stone can be installed in all interior and exterior parts of the building. However, due to the pores, travertine stones are less commonly used in domestic paving.
Granite Iran Stone: Granite stone can be installed in all parts of the building and because of its high strength, granite stone is used in high-rise and industrial sites.
Marble stone (Persian Marble): Marble is used internally and is mostly used in interior paving of residential and office units and interior walls of buildings.
Porcelain Stone: Porcelain stone, which is called Chinese stone and is called crystal, has many uses and can be used in interior and exterior, floor and wall. Chinese rock is more used in hygienic areas due to low water absorption.
Sand stone: Sand stone can be installed on the interior and exterior of the building.
Lime Stone: Lime Stone because of its high water absorption, can be used in facades and interior walls of buildings.
Marble: Marble or Onyx is a precious and valuable stone and is used in all interiors of the building, both floor and wall. Marble is widely used in interior decoration because of the ability to pass light.
Buying the suitable, right high quality stone will double the beauty of the building.